Neatishead, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Tunstead and Happing PLU|
|Parish records: 1676|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
NEATESHEAD (St. Peter), a parish, in the Tunstead and Happing incorporation, hundred of Tunstead, E. division of Norfolk, 5¼ miles (E. by S.) from Coltishall. There are places of worship for Baptists and Primitive Methodists. 
Neatishead St Peter is an Ancient Parish in the Waxham deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Tunstead 1837-1869
- Smallburgh 1870-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
Neatishead, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Neatishead, Norfolk Online Records|
||1837-1901 (Banns); 1740-1837||
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 251/1-7
Neatishead Baptist Church
http://www.neatisheadbaptist.org.uk/welcome.htm for images of the church and history.
http://www.neatisheadbaptist.org.uk/gravestones.htm for listing of burials in the graveyard
Norfolk Nonconformist Chapel Survey undertaken by the Norfolk Archaeological and Historical Research Group
Norwich Record Office reference SO 197/14/1-10, 900X8
Description 1 Narborough Wesleyan Methodist
2 Neatishead Baptist, including memoranda of memorial inscriptions.
3 Neatishead Primitive Methodist. Demolished. No photographs.
4 Necton Baptist
5 Necton Wesleyan Methodist
6 Newton St Faith Primitive Methodist
7 Nordelph Wesleyan Methodist
8 Northwold Wesleyan Methodist
9 Northwold Primitive Methodist
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438866.
http://www.btinternet.com/~e.c.apling/1891Census/Neatishead.htm transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions
For Tunstead and Happing see http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/smallburgh_workhouse.htm
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Neatishead on GenUKI
- Neatishead St Peter on A Church Near You
- for image of the church
- Church of St Peter Neatishead on British Listed Buildings
- Neatishead on Norfolk Churches
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 368-372. Date accessed: 29 April 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2014, at 00:24.
- This page has been accessed 740 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback