Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration, 1679-1942 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Zuid-Holland Burgerlijke Stand
The collection contains records from the province of Zuid-Holland and includes civil registration of births, marriages, and deaths. Indexes, marriage intentions, marriage proclamations, marriage supplements, and divorces are also included.
This collection covers the years 1679 through 1942, but the exact time period of the records varies by locality and record type.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
For information about the history, content, and use of these records see the wiki article Netherlands Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Birth Records generally contain the following information:
- Birth date and place of birth
- Name of child
- If still-born, illegitimate, or twin
- Names of parents, father's occupation and their residence
- Birth place of father
- Birth place of mother
- Date and number of record
Marriage Records generally contain the following information:
- Date and Place of Event
- Name of Bride and Groom
- Residence, Marital Status, and Age
- Names of Parents
- Names of Witnesses
Death Records generally contain the following information:
- Date and Place of Death
- Name of Deceased Person
- Age or Birth Date
- Residence Place and sometimes the Place of Origin
- Cause of Death
- Marital Status
- If Married, the Name of the Spouse and sometimes the Names of Children
- Sometimes Names of Parents
- Names of Witnesses
How to Search the Records
To search the collection:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the "Municipality"
⇒Select the "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one, comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
As you are searching, it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
Civil Registrations in Nearby Localities
- Netherlands Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Drenthe Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Friesland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Gelderland Province Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Groningen Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Limburg Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Noord-Brabant Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Overijssel, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands, Zeeland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Don't overlook FHL Place Netherlands, Zuid-Holland items or FHL Keyword Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, Civil Registration in the FamilySearch Catalog. You can then further narrow your search using the toolbar on the left. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Netherlands Archives and Libraries.|
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection, please read the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Web Sites
- Dutch Genealogy: Civil Registration
- Zoekakten - This website is in Dutch. It narrows down this collection by different regions and records.
- WieWasWie - This site is a compilation of indexed civil records from the Netherlands, including some from Dutch colonies, mostly dating from 1811 until the mid-1900s.
Related Wiki Articles
- The Netherlands
- [Netherlands Civil Registration- Vital Records]]
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We especially need language translations for both content and images. For specific needs, please look for callout boxes throughout the article or visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- "Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration,1679-1942." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing Burgerlijke Stand [Rotterdam Municipal Archive].
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration.|
- This page was last modified on 20 May 2015, at 05:05.
- This page has been accessed 5,644 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More