New Albany Ohio FamilySearch CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: PLEASE NOTE: We are the New Albany OHIO Family History Center and not the one in New Albany, Indiana.
- 5835 Central College Road, New Albany, OH 43054 United States
- Go to rear of building and enter through the door by the satellite dish.
- Enter and then turn right - go to room 110.
- Tuesday:12:00pm-3:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:12:00pm-3:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
Due to the extremely dangerous weather conditions predicted for Thursday, February 19th, the New Albany Ohio Family History Center will be closed all day. We plan to reopen on Tuesday, February 24th, at noon (depending on the weather on that day).
PLEASE NOTE: If the New Albany Plain School system has closed due to weather, we are closed that day as well: ALWAYS CALL FIRST to see if we are open before you risk the drive.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events -
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
We have three microfilm readers, two microfiche readers, four internet connected computers and a printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Ohio Genealogical Society www.ogs.org
Ohio Historical Society www.ohiohistory.org
Franklin County Historical Society www.franklincountyohiohistory.org
Licking County Historical Society www.lchsohio.org
Volunteer at the Center
You do not need to be a member to volunteer. You must, however, have the permission of the Family History Center Director and the Stake Presidency. To volunteer, call Robert Taggart at 740-927-2882.
- This page was last modified on 19 February 2015, at 02:02.
- This page has been accessed 2,491 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More