New Mexico For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
For more detailed information about research and records in New Mexico, see:
- Barnes, Thomas C. et al. Northern New Spain: A Research Guide. Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 1981. FHL Book 973 H27ba. This book describes the jurisdictions and documents of the government and the Roman Catholic Church. It also includes information on archives, maps, handwriting, and terminology.
- Spiros, Joyce V. H. Handy Genealogical Guide to New Mexico. Gallup, New Mexico: Verlene Publishing, 1981. FHL Book 978.9 D27s; Fiche 6051310. This book describes the history, records, and archives of each county.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:31.
- This page has been accessed 1,772 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News