Norfolk Probate Jurisdictions, Parishes beginning with AEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Probate is the legal court process by which the estate of a deceased person is distributed to his or her heirs. The term probate refers to a collection of documents, including wills, administrations (also called admons), inventories, and act books.
Here is a list of Norfolk places beginning with the letter A and the pre-1858 courts that had probate jurisdiction over them.
1. Find the place where your ancestor lived in the first column.
2. Click on the court name in the second column to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. Click on each name of the court in the third column if the record isn't found in the first court.
4. Search last the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:37.
- This page has been accessed 1,792 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More