North Bradley, Wiltshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to North Bradley, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|North Bradley, Wiltshire|
|Poor Law Union||Westbury and Whorwellsdown PLU|
|Parish registers: 1646|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1603; 1616; 1621|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
BRADLEY, NORTH (St. Nicholas),a Tything, a parish and a subdistrict in the union of Westbury and Whorwelsdown, hundred of Whorwelsdown, Whorwelsdown and N. divisions of Wiltshire, 2 miles (S.) from Trowbridge. At the extremity of the parish, is an additional church, called Christ Church. There is one place of worship for Wesleyans, and two for Particular Baptists.The tything lies on an affluent of the river Avon, adjacent to the Great Western railway, 2 miles S of Trowbridge.  
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
North Bradley, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|North Bradley, Wiltshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464203.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 331-334. Date accessed: 07 October 2013.
- ↑ From: 'Bradford Abbas - Bradninch', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 331-334. British History Date accessed: 07 October 2013.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 3 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:46.
- This page has been accessed 1,235 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More