North Dakota NewspapersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A few newspapers were published in the Dakota Territory in the 1860s, but most began between 1880 and 1910.
Resources for North Dakota Newspapers
Libraries and Archives
The Family History Library has not acquired copies of North Dakota newspapers but extracts, indexes, and lists might be found for the town or county of interest: [COUNTYor TOWN] - OBITUARIES or [COUNTYor TOWN] - VITAL RECORDS. You may use nationwide lists and inventories to determine the holdings of newspapers in the archives and libraries of North Dakota. The State Historical Society of North Dakota has a large collection.
The U.S. Newspaper Directory, 1690-Present is a national directory from the Library of Congress of over 140,000 newspaper titles. The directory provides a list of libraries from around the country that have the newspapers in their collections
Digital Issues Online
Institute for Regional Studies & University Archives and NDSU Libraries
- Fargo Forum Newspaper Index (1879-1995) provided by the Institute for Regional Studies & University Archives and NDSU Libraries
- Fargo Forum Obituary Index provided by the Institute for Regional Studies & University Archives and NDSU Libraries
- The Record (Historical magazine; 1895-1905)
- Sanitary Home - North Dakota Farmer and Sanitary Home - North Dakota Farmer magazine
- This page was last modified on 19 June 2015, at 19:16.
- This page has been accessed 3,583 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News