Northampton England Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address 137 Harlestone Road, NORTHAMPTON, NN5 6AA, UNITED KINGDOM
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)r>
- Location on Map
Phone: 01604 587630
- Tues 10am - 4pm and 7pm -9pm
- Wed 10am - 4pm
Holiday Schedule: Hours may be restricted during school holidays .
Calendar and Events
Family History Fair May 10th 2014 10.00am - 4.00pm
Guest speakers and Roots Tech recordings.
Contact centre for details
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="FHC Portal">FHC Portal</a> This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 desktop computers all with Internet access and connected to a printer
- 2 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
All staff are volunteers with varying levels of knowlege. Most are able to help absolute beginners get started and/or with indexing. For more advanced or specialised advice please specify this when booking so that you can be matched with a member of staff who is best suited to help you. We do have one volunteer who can give some advice on Irish Ancestry. Other staff specialities include local history, Rootsmagic, Newfamilysearch, Familysearch, Internet portal sites such as Ancestry, Findmypast, The Genealogist and free websites.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 25 April 2014, at 10:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,000 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback