Northern Neck Rangers 15th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized during the spring of 1862 with four companies.
- Attached to the Army of Northern Virginia, the unit served under J. E. B. Stuart.
- In September it was consolidated with the 14th Cavalry Battalion to form the 15th Regiment Virginia Cavalry.
- Major John Critcher was in command.
- Also called Northern Neck Rangers and Critcher's Battalion.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:30.
- This page has been accessed 784 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More