Norton Malreward, Somerset GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Norton Malreward, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Norton Malreward, Somerset|
|Poor Law Union||Clutton|
|Parish registers: 1554|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1603|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
NORTON-MALEREWARD, a parish, in the union of Clutton, hundred of Chew, E. division of Somerset, 2¼ miles (N. W.) from Pensford.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Norton Malreward, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Norton Malreward, Somerset Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474595.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- 1524 - Norton Malreward Lay Subsidy, E 179/169/143. Copy: FHL British Film 2228722.
- 1524 - Norton Malreward Lay Subsidy, E 179/169/149. Copy: FHL British Film 2228722.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 442-446. Date accessed and adapted: 07 March 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 02:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,651 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News