Norwich St Gregory, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Norwich St Gregory, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich PLU|
|Parish registers: 1571|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1630|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Norwich St Gregory Pottergate is an Ancient Parish within the city and Diocese of Norwich.
It was declared redundant and is in the care of the Norwich Historic Churches Trust.
Norwich, parl. and mun. bor., city, co. town of Norfolk, and co. in itself, on river Wensum, 20 miles W. of Yarmouth and 114 NE. of London by rail, 7472 ac.
Norwich St Gregory, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|TIN = Tinstaafl Transcripts - free|
|Norwich St Gregory, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Civil Registration Districts
- registration events post 1837 may be searched online at Free BMD
Poor Law Unions
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438869.
Genealogy From Periodicals
Mallett, B. Which Was His Father. History and Family tree of Nicholas Mallett and Susanna Salmon,at St. Gregory, Norwich 1748, and his 2nd marriage to Sara Field at Coslany in 1777.The surnames included on the tree are Sayer, Mason, Evans, Waters-Leaving, dated from 1748 - 1963. Article in The Norfolk Ancestor, old series, vol. 4, pt. 2, page 45, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j vol.4, pt 2.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
England Jurisdictions 1851
•Vision of Britain
For historic photographs of the features of this church http://www.georgeplunkett.co.uk
- ↑ John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887. Date accessed: 27 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 02:18.
- This page has been accessed 1,812 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News