Norwich St Stephen, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Norwich St Stephen, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Norwich, parl. and mun. bor., city, co.town of Norfolk, and co. in itself, on river Wensum, 20 miles W. of Yarmouth and 114 NE. of London by rail. Norwich St Stephen is an Ancient parish in the city and has parts of the building which preceded the Reformation.
The present Church is Medieval. The tower and side walls are the oldest parts of the building. They date back to the middle of the 14th century. By 1500 the central part of the Church became unsafe. The chancel was rebuilt before the Reformation, and the nave was completed after it, in 1550.
It contains many monuments for leading figures in the city history over centuries.
Norwich St Stephen, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Norwich St Stephen, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438869.
Poor Law Unions
Civil Registration Districts
- ↑ John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles 1887.Date accessed: 3 october 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 02:37.
- This page has been accessed 2,522 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News