Oakdale Minnesota Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Oakdale Family History Center is located in the Oakdale Stake Center, which is adjacent to the St Paul Minnesota Temple. We service a wide area of Eastern Minnesota and Western Wisconsin. Beside St Paul, Minnesota, our patrons come from Woodbury, Oakdale, White Bear Lake, Cottage Grove, Maplewood. Hastings and other communities in Eastern Minnesota, others of our patrons come from Hudson, River Falls, Prescott, St Croix Falls, Ellsworth and other communities in Eastern Wisconsin.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2140 Hadley Ave N Oakdale MN 55119-5328 United States
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Oakdale Minnesota Family History Discovery Day
Sept 5 2015 10:00AM - 2:00PM
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Many of our patrons have Scandanavian Ancestry, so we have a large selection of microfiche and research aids for Norway, Sweden, and other Scandinavian countiries.
- Additionally, we also have a significant number of patrons who are of Germanic ancestry. A goodly number of research aids for research in Germany and the former areas of the German Empire are also available.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 Northwest 2020 Microfilm Readers
- 6 Personal Computers with Internet access
- One Canon 300 II Microfilm Scanner with printer
- One Lexmark X 466e Laser Jet Printer
- One Lexmark E460dw Laser Jet Printer
- Wireless Access for Laptops, Notebooks, etc is available for patron use
Staff Research Specialties
- Ole-Bjorn Tobiassan - Norway (6:00PM - 9:00PM 4th Tuesday/10:00AM - 2:00PM 4th Saturday of each month
- Tove Tobiassan - Norway (6:00PM - 9:00PM 4th Tuesday/10:00AM - 2:00PM 4th Saturday/10:00AM - 2:00PM 2nd Friday of each month)
- Mike Puckett - England (6:00PM - 9:00PM 5th Wednesday of each month)
- Janie Puckett - Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) (6:00PM - 9:00PM 5th Wednesday of each month)
- Barb Dahler - Norway (12:00PM - 3:00PM 3rd Thursday of each month)
- Matt Klee - German/Russian/Italian (10:00AM - 2:00PM 3rd Friday of each month)
- Toni Longhenry - Irish (12:00PM - 3:00PM 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month)
- Kevin Miller - German/England (9:00AM - 12:00PM 1st Thursday of each month)
- Sue Pietsch - England (10:00AM - 2:00PM 3rd Saturday of each month)
- Julia Schmolke - German/Norway/Research methods (6:00PM - 9:00PM 2nd Tuesday/12:00PM - 3:00PM 2nd Thursday of each month)
- Janelle Oxborrow - Palaeography (reading old handwriting) (10:00AM - 2:00PM 4th Friday of each month)
- Tom Bjorklund - Ancestry.com & LDS Family Tree
- Dale Lutz - Germany/Early U.S./Netherlands/Croatia (6:00-9:00 PM 2nd & 4th Wed., 5th Tues.)
Resources in the Local Area
- Minnesota Historical Society, Minnesota Historical Society, has Minnesota Birth Index 1900-1934, Minnesota Death Index 1904-2001, oustanding collection of Minnesota Newspapers on Microfilm and a variety of other Minnesota Resources
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord Street North, South St Paul, MN 55075, an excellent Library and Research Center is available and publishes a quarterly journal The Minnesota Genealogist. The following organizations are interest groups affiliated with the MNGS:
- The Swedish Genealogical Society of Minnesota
- Romanian Genealogical Society
- Canadian Genealogical & Heritage Society of Minnesota
- Pommern Regional Group of Minneosta
- Wisconsin Area Research Centers in our service area:
- University of Wisconsin River Falls, Area Research Center, Chalmer Davee Library, 4th and Cascade Avenue, River Falls, WI 54022, University Wisconsin River Falls Research Center, has local government records and local area manuscripts for Burnett, Pierce, Polk and St Croix counties in Wisconsin
- Univerity of Wisconsin Stout, University Archives and Area Research Center, 712 South Broadway Street, Menomonie, WI 54751, University Wisconsin Stout Library Archives, has local government records for Barron, Dunn and Pepin counties in Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, Special Collections and Archives, Genealogy and Family History Resources, McIntyre Library, WI 54702, University of Wisconsin Eau Claire McIntyre Library Archives Genealogy, has local goverment records for Buffalo, Chippewa, Clark, Eau Claire, Rusk and Taylor counties in Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin La Cross, Murphy Library, Special Collections, Area Research Center, 1725 State Street. LaCrosse, WI 54601, University of Wisconsin La Cross Murphy Library Special-Collections Area-Research-Center has local government records for Jackson, LaCrosse, Monroe, Treampealeau and Vernon counties in Wisconsin
- Minnesota Historical Society, Minnesota Historical Society
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, Minnesota Genealogical Society
- St David's Society of Minnesota, St David's Society of Minnesota
- Czechoslovak Genealogical Society International, Czechoslovak Genealogical Society International
- Suffolk England Family History Society, Suffolk Family History Society
- Poznan Project (Poland Family History Resource, Poznan Project
Volunteer at the Center:
We are always interested in individuals who are willing to work in our FHC, please contact Tom Bjorklund at email@example.com.
- This page was last modified on 28 August 2015, at 17:16.
- This page has been accessed 2,949 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News