Offord Cluny, Huntingdonshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Offord Cluny, Huntingdonshire|
|Poor Law Union||St Neots|
|Registration District||St Neots|
|Parish registers: 1573|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Rural Deanery||St Neots|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Offord Cluny, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
OFFORD-CLUNY (All Saints), a parish, in the union of St. Neot's, hundred of Toseland, county of Huntingdon, 3½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Huntingdon.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Offord Cluny, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|HUNT = Huntingdonshire Burials (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Offord Cluny, Huntingdonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288839.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Offord Cluny on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848. Date accessed: 20 August 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 18 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Huntingdon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 18 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2016, at 00:43.
- This page has been accessed 1,645 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News