Ogbourne St George, Wiltshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Ogbourne St George, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Ogbourne St George, Wiltshire|
|Poor Law Union||Marlborough|
|Parish registers: 1663|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1579|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Canons of Windsor in Wantage|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
OGBOURNE-ST. GEORGE, or Great Okebourne, a village and a parish in Marlborough district, in the county of Wiltshire (Wilts). It is located in hundred of Selkley, Marlborough and Ramsbury. it is 4 miles (N.) from Marlborough.
The village stands near the source of a small affluent of the river Kennet, 3½ miles NE of Marlborough railway station.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ogbourne St George, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Ogbourne St George, Wiltshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464201.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 472-476. Date accessed: 07 October 2013.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- ↑ 'Search more than 99,000 new Wiltshire parish baptism records,' findmypast, accessed 5 June 2014. Coverage year range is not clearly identified.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Wiltshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 15 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 22:20.
- This page has been accessed 1,790 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News