Ogbourne St George, WiltshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
OGBOURNE-ST. GEORGE, or Great Okebourne, a village and a parish in Marlborough district, in the county of Wiltshire (Wilts). It is located in hundred of Selkley, Marlborough and Ramsbury. it is 4 miles (N.) from Marlborough.
The village stands near the source of a small affluent of the river Kennet, 3½ miles NE of Marlborough railway station.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ogbourne St George, Wiltshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Ogbourne St George, Wiltshire Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464201.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 472-476. Date accessed: 07 October 2013.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Wiltshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 15 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:37.
- This page has been accessed 344 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on our new look!Give Feedback