Ohio, Stark County Court Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: When I am searching through the Record Type, Date Range and Volume for Stark, I find that most of the browse points do not match the content. Can you specify the correct content?
Answer #1: Most of the browse point names in this collection do not match the content. The exception is the Common Pleas records. Until this collection is reworked it will take patience and perseverance to search. The following is a sampling list of known browse point discrepancies:
Appearance dockets - for instance:
- Appearance docket 1852-1853 Vol W, No 2 Contains General Index no 14
- Appearance docket 1853-1858 vol X Contains General Index no 11
- Appearance docket 1854-1858 vol Y contains General index no 12
- Appearance docket 1855-1855 vol Z contains General Index no 13
- Appearance docket 1855-1857 vol A, no 2 contains Index to suits pending 1908-1910 no 10
- Appearance docket 1856-1858 vol B, no 2 contains Index to suits pending 1910-1913 no 11
- Appearance docket 1856-1860 vol C, no 2 contains Index to Pending suits no 12
- Appearance docket 185701859 vol D, no 2 contains Index to Pending suits no 13
Journals – for instance:
- Journal 1863-1866 vol A-2 contains Appearance dockets 23037-23636
- Journal 1866-1869 vol B-2 contains Journal X-5
- Journal 1869-1871 vol C-2 contains Journal Y-5
- Journal 1827 Y-5 contains Journal W-3
Pending suits – for instance
- Pending suits 1908-1910 vol 10 contains records from a Record Book dated 1939-1940
All General Indexes
- General Index 1810-1840 vol 1 contains General Index, v. 10, K-Y, 1894-1896
- General Index 1840-1857 vol 2 contains General Index, v. 10, A-K, 1894-1896
- General Index 1852-1866 vol 3 contains General Index, V. 10, Z and overflow, 1894-1896
- General Index 1866-1878 vol 4 contains General Index, v. 4(p 2-274, cont), 1866-1878
- General Index 1878 vol 5 contains General Index, v. 4 (cont. p 278-583), 1866-1878
- General Index 1894-1896 vol 10 contains General Index – direct-v 8, K-Z 1887-1894
- General Index 1895-1899 vol 11 contains General index, v. 2 record book W (H-Z)-Z; record book A-B (p 293-584), 1845-1847
- General Index 1898-1902 vol 12 contains General Index, record book B-F (585-775) 1840-1857
- General index 1899-1907 vol 13 contains General index, v. 1, record book A-K (p 1-312), 1810-1840
- General index 1907-1910 vol 14 contains General index, v. 1 record book K-P (p. 313-622), 1810-1840
- General index-direct 1878-1886 vol 6, A-L contains General Index, v. 5, 1878
- General index-direct 1878-1886 vol 6, L-Z contains General index – direct, v. 6 A-L, 1878-1886
- General index-direct 1887-1894 vol 8, A-K contains General index– direct, v. 6, L-Z 1878-1886
- General index-direct 1887-1894 vol 8, K-Z contains General index-direct, v. 8, A-K, 1887-1894
- Judgment index-reverse 1885-1894 vol 9 contains General index, v. 2, record book R-W (A-H) (p. 4-292), 1843-1845
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Ohio, Stark County Court Records, 1809-1917 > Stark > Common Pleas records 1874-1875 vol 62 > Image 7 of 665.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Ohio, Stark County Court Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Ohio, Stark County Court Records, 1809-1917 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 7 March 2015, at 22:37.
- This page has been accessed 525 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More