Ohio Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| It is proposed that this article be deleted.
Please add any comments to the talk page.
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: To determine which digital records are likely to be found within a collection or to find missing images, see, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records (56000).
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- 1926 > 75631-78785 is missing File numbers 77735 and 77750. Order Film 1984618 to view the files.
- 1931 > 51701-54900 indexed records for File Numbers 52117-54900 are not online. Order Film 1992473 to view the files.
- 1936 > 64201-67100 > Image 3099 of 3203 is FN 66924 and Image 3100 of 3203 is FN 67019. Order Film 2022731 to view the files.
- 1942 > 14801-17700 is missing File numbers 17042-17700 online. Order Film 2023983 to view the files.
- 1945 > 13001-16200 > Image 7 of 3506 is missing Certificates 13001 and 13002. Order Film 2372733.
- A record containing an overlay is filmed twice, once with the overlay and once without to preserve pertinent information. Scroll forward, or backwards to see the image without the overlay.
Question #2: The record detail page is linked to the wrong image. How can I find the correct image?
Answer #2: From the record detail page, use the Event Date, Event Place, and/or File Number or Reference ID (certificate number) to find the correct image by using the right or left scroll arrow. In some cases, the image was not placed online resulting in a link failure. Order the microfilm using the Film Number for viewing. Unfortunately, in some cases, the File Number on the record detail page is incorrect or missing.
Question #3: Some indexed records have name, relationship and event place, date or type errors. How can I determine the correct information?
Answer #3: View the document to verify the correct information. The event place and event date can also be verified by searching the Catalog using the film number included in the record detail page. See Finding microfilm numbers in the catalog (55632). See answers below for information about known problems:
- 1950 > 19401-22100 does not have the death date information on the search results page or record details page.
- Film 1927356, DGS 4020636 contains transcription errors.
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at email@example.com.
- If searching the collection: please include the name of the collection, and all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window.
For example: Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953 > 1908 > 00001-01967 > Image 32 of 2112.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the Ohio Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 30 September 2015, at 04:12.
- This page has been accessed 2,086 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News