Online Index of Colonial Marriages, 1859-1872, for British Columbia, CanadaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This index contains a summary of the information from certified marriage records for Vancouver Island and British Columbia before confederation..
- Groom’s Name
- Bride’s Name
- Registration Number (Volume/Item)
- British Columbia Archives Microfilm Number
- Family History Library (GSU) Microfilm Number
Option: search Google.com for keywords Vital Event Indexes British Columbia
Using the site
- In step 1, click the box next to Colonial Marriages (1859-1872).
- In step 2, type the name and information of the person you want to find.
- Click Start Search.
- These records were submitted to the Colonial Secretary by the local clergy.
- To see a printer-friendly view, click on the underlined number to the left of the person’s name.
- This page was last modified on 21 August 2008, at 21:58.
- This page has been accessed 665 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More