Online Lincolnshire (England) 1837- Marriage IndexesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Marriages were recorded in church registers. They are listed in chronological order. An index makes it easier to quickly locate a specific marriage record. This site contains transcripts of the original marriage records, in alphabetical order by personal name.
The name of the registration districts where marriages were transcribed appear on the home page. Districts are linked to Microsoft Excel files. Each file shows the particulars of the marriages.
Each file contains the particulars of a marriage:
- Names of the bride and groom.
- Name of the father of the bride and the groom.
- Full date of marriage.
- Name of the parish where married.
or use an Internet search engine such as Google.com to search for Lincolnshire marriages.
Using the site
- Click a place name under the heading Introduction. It's best to read this first.
- Click back to the list of places.
- Click a place name under the heading Index Spreadsheet.
- Click OK to open the the Excel file.
- Scroll through the alphabetical order to find a marriage transcript.
- The project is on-going.
- Please read the introduction first as this contains more information on what has been transcribed for each registration district.
- A registration district has jurisdiction over one or more parishes.
- Places on the list are the only ones available. Check back often since the list is updated regularly.
- This page was last modified on 30 April 2013, at 01:06.
- This page has been accessed 854 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback