Orense HistoryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Orense Province is part of the autonomous region of Galicia. In the late 14th century, the Kingdom of Galicia was conquered by the Kingdom of Castile, though the area mostly retained its sovereignty. From this point forward, the boundaries of the Galicia area were mostly stable with some variation through the centuries, but internal readjustments did occur. In 1822 and 1833, the kingdoms that then comprised the overarching Kingdom of Spain were reorganized into regions and provinces, with accompanying boundary adjustments. During this reorganization, the Orense Province was created within the Galicia region and has remained to the present day.
- History of the Galicia region (English version); en Español
- “A Corner of Spain,” a Google ebook, published in 1910
- “Cronica de la Provincia de Orense,” a Google ebook, published in 1868
- “Historia de Galicia,” a Google ebook, published in 1865
- “Historia de Galicia,” a Google ebook, published in 1838
- This page was last modified on 31 March 2014, at 20:15.
- This page has been accessed 193 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More