Osmaston by Derby, DerbyshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Osmaston, All Saints, a parish, in the union of Shardlow, hundred of Repton and Gresley, S. division of the county of Derby, 1¼ mile (S. S. E.) from Derby. The name of Osmaston by Derby is used for the early records of Derby St Osmund, Derbyshire. Refer to that page for further information.
Osmaston by Derby parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|OSMASTON BY DERBY PARISH Online Records|
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Shardlow registration District GRO volumes : XIX (1837-51); 7b (1852-1946); 3A (1946-74).
Registers are now held at
The Register Office, Royal Oak House, Market Place, Derby, DE1 3AR.
Tel: 01332 256526/35/36. Fax: 01332 256525.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241295. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
- This page was last modified on 26 December 2013, at 21:24.
- This page has been accessed 413 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More