Oulton, Suffolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Oulton, Suffolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Poor Law Union||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Parish registers: 1564|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
OULTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 3 miles (W.) from Lowestoft.
Oulton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Suffolk.
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to Oulton and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
- Parish Records: 1564
- Bishop Transcripts: 1698
Oulton, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = Norfolk Parish Registers Browse (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Oulton, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474640.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 491-495. Date accessed: 02 October 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
Contributor: Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above
- This page was last modified on 31 July 2015, at 21:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,530 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News