PLF DatabaseEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Sweden►
The genealogical society of Oskarshamn, called PLF (Person-och Lokalhistoriskt Forskarcentrum, Oskarshamn) has created a database of people born, married, or died in Kalmar county. Their project has now extended into the nearby counties of Jönköping Kronoberg, Blekinge and Östergötland. It is a four disc set. Periodically new versions are produced. The localities are organized by Kommun (Municipalities) which include many parishes. The list below shows what municipalities are on each disc. The 2009 version contains index of vital records (births, marriages, deaths) as follows:
Norra Länet (Northern part of Kalmar county)
- Kalmar Municipalities – Vimmerby, Västervik,
- Östergötland Municipalities – Kinda, Linköping, Norrköping, Söderköping, Valdemarsvik, Åtvidaberg.
To see a list of parishes on this disce see: PLF CD 1
Mellersta Länet (Middle part of Kalmar county)
- Kalmar municipalities – Oskarshamn, Hultsfred, Mönsterås, Högsby,
- Jönköping county municipalities – Aneby, Eksjö, Jönköping, Nässjö, Sävsjö, Vetlanda.
To see a list of parishes on this disce see: PLF CD 2
Södra Länet (Southern part of Kalmar county)
- Kalmar municipalities – Emmaboda, Kalmar, Nybro, Torsås,
- Kronoberg municipalities – Lessebo, Uppvidinge,
- Blekinge municipalities – Karlskrona, Ronneby,
To see a list of parishes on this disce see: PLF CD 3
Öland (Island part of Kalmar county)
- Kalmar municipalities – Borgholm (northern half of island),
- Mörbylånga (southern half of island)
To see a list of parishes on this disce see: PLF CD 4
Vocabulary to help with reading discs
Alla -- all
Begravnings -- burial’s
Datum -- date
Dopdatum -- christening date
Dopvittnen -- witness to christening
Döda -- died
Döds -- death’s
Dödsorsak -- cause of death
Dödsort -- place of death
Efternamn -- surname
Eller -- or
Faderns -- father’s
Födda -- born
Födelsedatum -- birth date
Födelseförsamling -- birth parish
Förnamn -- first name
Hemort -- residence
Klar -- exit
Kvinnans -- the woman’s
Källa -- source
Lysnings -- betrothal's
Mannens -- the man’s (husband's)
Moderns -- the mother’s
Namn -- name
Om -- about
Rensa -- clear
Skriv ut -- print
Sök -- search
uppgifter -- information
Valda -- select
Vigda -- married
Vigsel -- marriage
Vigselförsamling -- marriage parish
Övriga -- other
To use the database, correct Swedish spelling must be used. This means that the letters Å, Ä, and Ö must be typed with the diacritics. For help typing these letters click here.
This set of CD-ROMs may be purchased from the Person-och Lokalhistorisk Forskarcentrum and ordered online.
This CD-ROM may be available at local Swedish-American research centers in various states.
The CD-ROM is available at the Family History Library but not at the Family History Centers. It is CD-Rom no. 6393 in the Family Hsitory Library Catalog.
- This page was last modified on 10 February 2015, at 21:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,492 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More