Palm Beach County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Palm Beach County, Florida ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Palm Beach County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||April 30, 1909|
|County Seat||West Palm Beach|
Palm Beach County, Florida Record Dates
Palm Beach County Courthouse
301 N Olive Ave;
West Palm Beach, FL 33401-4705
County Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce, court and land records. 
Like a mighty Banyan: contribution of Black people to the history of Palm Beach County. editor, Vivian Reissland Rouson-Gossett ; associate editor, C. Spencer Pompey. - Palm Beach County, FLA.: Palm Beach Junior College, . - 96 p. F317.P2 L54 1982
History Palm Beach
For animated maps illustrating Florida county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Florida County Boundary Maps" (1821-1997) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
For a list of record loss in Florida counties see: Florida Counties with Burned Courthouses
Places / Localities
Cemeteries of Palm Beach, FLGenWeb
- Jupiter Cemetery, Jupiter BillionGraves
Census Records available onsite at the Palm Beach, FLGenWeb
For tips on accessing Palm Beach County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
Church records and the information they provide vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Florida denominations, view the Florida Church Records wiki page.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Palm Beach W.
Cities and Towns
Cities and Towns, Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
1923 Directory, Palm Beach FLGenWeb
American-Finish, 1956; Palm Beach FLGenWeb
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Florida Land and Property for additional information about early Florida land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse and where records are currently housed.
Land Grants of Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
Local histories are available for Palm Beach County, Florida Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories see the wiki page section Florida Local Histories.
Hurricanes, The Case of the Disappearing Ancestor; Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
Military Records of Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Palm Beach County, Florida Genealogy newspapers in online catalogs like:
- Beach+county+Florida+Newspapers&qt=results_page WorldCat (For instructions see WorldCat Online Catalog).
- Do a Palm Beach County, Florida Genealogy Place-name search for these and other records in the FamilySearch Catalog (For instructions see FamilySearch Catalog Place-name Search). Current Newspapers of Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
Courtesy of The Boca Raton Historical Society Archives:
- Boca Raton News: 1955-1970
- The Spanish River Papers: Member Reports of the Historical Society and Women in Boca Raton:
- "50 Years of History", 1993
- The Pelican: 1948-1953
- The Weekly Tattler: June-September 1938
Obit Index of Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
Obituaries of Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
Death Notices and Obituaries, Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County
Sources of Obituaries in Palm Beach County, Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County
Probate records are held by the Palm Beach County, Florida Genealogy Clerk of Court and are housed at the Palm Beach County, Florida Genealogy Courthouse. Microfilmed records can be found online at Florida Probate Records, 1784-1990. See the wiki page Florida Probate Records for information about how to use probate records.
Content: Probate Records may give the decedent's date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, associates, relatives, and their place of residence.
Record types: Wills, estates, guardianships, naturalizations, and adoptions.
- 1784 – 1990 Florida Probate Records 1784-1990 at FamilySearch — images
- 1810 – 1974 Florida Wills and Probate Records 1810-1974 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
Taxes were levied on free white males over 21 and slaves aged 21 to 60. These persons are referred to as "polls." Tax listings, or digests, of a county generally list the taxable landowners and other polls and the amount of tax. The records for each county are divided by militia district. For more information see the wiki page Florida Taxation.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred or order electronically online. See also How to order Florida Vital Records
For some online statewide indexes, see the FamilySearch Historical Record Collections for Florida.
Vital Records of the Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
- 1837 - 1974 Florida, Marriages, 1837-1974 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1830 - 1993 Florida, Marriages, 1830-1993 at FamilySearch.org — index/images
- 1822 - 1875 and 1927 - 2001 Florida, Marriage Index, 1822-1875 and 1927-2001 at FamilySearch.org — index/images
- 1909-1939 - Marriages (1909-1939) of Palm Beach Co, FLGenWeb
- 1909-1915 - Palm Beach County Marriage Book 1 Index 1909-1915. Batch M747120 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1915-1921 - Palm Beach County Marriage Books 2-3 Index 1915-1921. Batch M747121 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1921-1928 - Palm Beach County Marriage Books 4-5 Index 1921-1928. Batch M747133 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1877 - 1939 Florida, Deaths, 1877-1939 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1900 - 1921 Florida, Deaths and Burials, 1900-1921 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1877 - 1998 Florida, Death Index, 1877-1998 at FamilySearch.org — index
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Family History Centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. See Family History Center for more information. Search the online FHC directory for a nearby family history center.
- Boca Raton Florida Family History Center
- Jupiter Florida Family History Center
- Palm Beach Florida Family History Center
- Wellington Florida Family History Center
Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County
P.O. Box 17617
3650 Summit Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33416
Email General Inquiry:
Jewish Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County, Inc.
P.O. Box #7796
Delray Beach, FL 33482-7796
Mark Jacobson 561-487-9165
Dennis Rice 561-738-7477
Mitch Heide 561-926-4311
Palm Beach County Genealogical Society, Inc.
100 Clematis Street, P. O. Box 1746
West Palm Beach, FL
The Palm Beach County Library System’s Genealogy Research information site is provided as a public service. GRS section staff was awarded the 2006 Genealogy Outstanding Achievement Award by the Florida Genealogical Society in recognition of contribution in the field of Florida genealogy and local history.
- Palm Beach County, FL History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Florida Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Florida Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- Palm Beach County Florida GenWeb Project, Inc.
- FamilySearch Catalog
- Palm Beach County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Alice Eichholz, Ancestry’s Red Book: American State, County and Town Sources, Revised ed. (Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1992), 123-139. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27rb 1992
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Palm Beach County, Florida Page 136 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/3/3f/Igifloridamz.pdf.
- This page was last modified on 12 November 2015, at 02:56.
- This page has been accessed 10,355 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News