Park Leys, NottinghamshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
PARK-LEYS, an extra-parochial tract in Southwell district, Notts; 4¾ miles N W by N of Newark.
PARK-LEYS, an extra-parochial district, in the N. division of the wapentake of Thurgarton, S. division of the county of Nottingham; containing 10 inhabitants. In 1848 it consisted of one farm.
Neither of these gazetteers had much to say about Park-Leys.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Park Leys is an extra parochial area.
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Park Leys
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438909. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Nottinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above..
- This page was last modified on 8 December 2013, at 16:40.
- This page has been accessed 348 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More