Parker's Company, Virginia Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Completed its organization at Richmond, Virginia, in March 1862.
- It served in S. D. Lee's, E. P. Alexander's, and J. C. Huger's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia.
- The unit was active from Second Manassas to Cold Harbor, then participated in the operations against Petersburg and the Appomattox Campaign.
- It reported 2 casualties at Fredericksburg, one section had 23 men disabled at Chancellorsville, and of the 90 engaged at Gettysburg, twenty percent were killed, wounded, or missing.
- The company was included in the surrender on April 9, 1865, but only 3 members were present.
- Captains J. T. Brown, Jr. and William W. Parker were its commanders.
- This page was last modified on 5 November 2010, at 20:27.
- This page has been accessed 216 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More