Partrishow, Breconshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
PARTRISHOW, a parish, in the union and hundred of Crickhowel, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 6 miles distant (N. E. by E.) from Crickhowe. The present name of this parish is by some supposed to be a corruption of its original appellation, Parthau yr Ishow, signifying "the parcel or territory of Ishow," the saint to whom its church is dedicated. The church, which is in the later style of English architecture, and appears to have been rebuilt upon the site of the ancient structure consists of a nave and chancel only.
Also spelled Partrisio, Patrishow. PARTRISHOW, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Crickhowell, county Brecon, 5 miles N.E. of Crickhowell, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on a branch of the river Usk. For more information see Partrisio, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464299.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:27.
- This page has been accessed 417 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News