Penmynydd, Anglesey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
PENMYNEDD (PEN-MYNYDD), a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Tyndaethwy, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 2 miles (E.) from Llangevni, and 6 (W.) from Beaumaris. The name of this place, signifying literally "the summit of the mountain," is derived from the situation of its church on a lofty eminence. The church, dedicated to Credivael, a saint who flourished about the close of the fifth century, and first presided over the college of Tŷ Gwyn, is a structure of the end of the 14th or beginning of the 15th century, consisting of a nave with a sepulchral chapel on the northern side, and a chancel. There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic Methodists.
PENMYNYDD, a parish in the hundred of Tindaethwy, county Anglesey, 4 miles W. of Beaumaris, its post town, and 4 from Llangefni. The village is situated on an eminence at the head of the valley of the Braint. At a farm near Plas-Penmynydd are the remains of the Tydyrs or Twdwrs mansion, where Owen Tudor, the husband of Catherine of France, widow of Henry V. and Queen Dowager of England, was born in 1385. For more information see Penmynydd, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 578 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News