Peoria Illinois Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address 3700 West Reservoir, Peoria, IL 61615
- Park at the far end of the parking lot, walk down the walkway on the SouthWest side of the building. Enter the building at the far entrance. Once inside the small vestibule you will need to press the button for the Family History Center. A consultant will answer the buzzer and remotely unlock the door so that you may enter the building. The Family History Center is located straight down the hallway on the left.
- Location Map
FHC phone: (309) 682-4073
Director's phone: (309) 645-3288
Hours of Operation (as of 1/1/15)
Volunteers will be available to help you during the following times. There is no need to make a prior appointment.
- Tuesday: 10:00AM – 2:00PM
- Thursday: 12:00PM – 2:00PM
During inclement weather please call before you come. The center will not open if volunteers cannot safely arrive.
Volunteer consultants are also available to help you at other times by prior appointment. Call the director to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Scheduled Closures in the upcoming months
- This area will be updated with known closures.
Film due dates will not be affected by scheduled closures.
- FamilySearch Catalog: Through http://familysearch.org/films you may order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog and have them shipped to our center on either short-term or extended loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
This center has the following equipment available for patron use:
- Six computers equipped with the FHC Portal.
- Two printers.
- Seven microfilm readers.
- One microfiche reader.
Our microfilm printer no longer works. If you desire to capture an image from a microfilm or microfiche it is suggested that you bring a digital camera (camera, phone, ipad, tablet, etc.).
Resources in the Local Area
The Peoria Public Library has an extensive Genealogy area located in the basement of the Main Branch. </fck:hr>
- This page was last modified on 26 March 2015, at 19:11.
- This page has been accessed 2,921 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News