Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration, 1860-1976 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Perú, Arequipa, Registro Civil
This collection will include records of births, marriages, deaths, indexes and other records created by civil registration offices in the department of Arequipa, Peru between the years 1860-2005. Some of these records have been indexed and are searchable as part of this collection. Additional images and indexed records will be published as they become available.
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
- Name and gender of child
- Date, place and time of birth
- Declarant's name, age, civil status and occupation
- Declarant's origin, nationality and residence
- Father's name, age, civil status and occupation
- Father's origin, nationality and residence
- Mother's name, age, civil status and occupation
- Mother's origin, nationality and residence
- Names of witnesses
- Witnesses' age, occupation and residence
- Full names of the groom and bride
- Date and place of the marriage
- Groom's age, origin, civil status, occupation and residence
- Names of groom's parents, their nativity and current residence
- Bride's age, origin, civil status, occupation and residence
- Names of bride's parents, their nativity and current residence
- Names of witnesses, their age, civil status, occupation and residence
- Date and place of death
- Name and gender of deceased
- Race, age and civil status of deceased
- Presenter's name, age, civil status, occupation, residence and origin
- Place of origin of deceased
- Cause of death
- Parents’ names and their place of origin
- Burial information
How to Use the Record
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor.
To search the collection by image
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the "Province" category
⇒Select the "District or Municipality" category
⇒Select category the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Peru, Arequipa, Civil Registration." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Archivo Departamental de Arequipa.
- This page was last modified on 24 June 2014, at 20:20.
- This page has been accessed 413 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback