Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration, 1938-1996 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Perú, Cajamarca, Registro Civil
This Collection will include records from 1938 to 1996. These records are written in Spanish.
Copies of original civil registration records of births, marriages, and deaths from the department of Cajamarca in Peru. The original records are housed in the Archivo Regional de Lambayeque.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Record ContentBirth records usually contain the following information:
- Place of registration
- Name of child
- Date, time and place of birth
- Presenter's name, age, civil status, occupation and residence
- Number of previous children of this mother
- Parents’ names, age, civil status, occupation and origin
- Witnesses' names, age, civil status and residence
- Place and date of registration
- Names of the groom and bride
- Date and place of marriage
- Groom’s age, civil status, occupation, origin and current residence
- Names of groom's parents
- Bride's age, civil status, origin and current residence
- Names of bride's parents
- Parish name and date of their religious wedding
- Names of witnesses
- Date and place of death
- Name and gender of deceased
- Race, age and civil status of deceased
- Presenter's name, age, civil status, occupation, residence and origin
- Place of origin of deceased
- Cause of death
- Parents’ names and their place of origin
- Burial information
How to Use the Record
Searching The Collection
To search the collection:
⇒select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate “Province”
⇒Select the appropriate “District or Municipality”
⇒Select the appropriate "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
When you have located your ancestor’s birth, marriage, or death record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about them. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors. For example:
- Use the date along with the place to find the family in church or other records.
- The parent’s birth places can tell you former residences and can help to establish a migration pattern for the family.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
|FHL Place Peru, Cajamarca items or FHL Keyword Peru, Cajamarca items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Peru Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
- Peru Church History
- Peru Civil Registration
- Peru, Lambayeque Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration, 1938-1996" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Archivo Regional de Lambayeque.
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration, 1938-1996.|
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2016, at 16:36.
- This page has been accessed 3,214 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News