Philippines, Local Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Document 114052, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location.
- Cebu > Naga is not listed in the Municipality/Town of Cebu. You will have to go to the Catalog section for Civil registration, 1914-1994; Naga (Cebú). Civil Registrar (https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/702480) to view the available Cebu > Naga films that you can order for viewing at a FamilySearch Center.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- The following browse points in Camarines Sur > Naga City > Birth registers belong in a path Cebu > Naga.
NOTE: There is no NAGA listed in the Municipality/Town of Cebu. See Answer #1.
Question #3: Laguna > Biñan > Birth registers > 1914-1921 and 1921-1927 are virtually impossible to correctly match the two birth register pages as a pair, especially when the right or the left side page is missing. What can I do to read the records as a whole two page document?
Answer #3: Since the pages are not numbered, it is not possible to confirm that the left page is paired with the right page
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Philippines, Civil Registration (Local), 1888-1982 > Camarines Sur > Naga City > Birth registers > 1914-1921 > Image 200 of 209.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Philippines, Local Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Philippines, Civil Registration (Local), 1888-1982 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 20 June 2013, at 01:20.
- This page has been accessed 291 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More