Pinhoe, Devon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Pinhoe, Devon ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||St Thomas PLU|
|Registration District||St Thomas|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
PINHOE (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of St. Thomas, hundred of Wonford, Wonford and S. divisions of Devon, 2½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Exeter. The parish is intersected by the road from Exeter to Bristol. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Pinhoe parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|PINHOE PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241329.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Pinhoe on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 571-573. Date accessed: 26 July 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 20 February 2015, at 15:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,719 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More