Pipton, BreconshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
PIPTON, a township, in the parish of Glâsbury, union of Hay, hundred of Tàlgarth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 4½ miles (S. W.) from Hay. This township is situated on the south bank of the Wye, and between that river and the Llynvi. The road from Hay to Builth passes through it, and the surrounding country is fertile and pleasing. Here was formerly a chapel of ease to the mother church of Glâsbury.
Pipton, a township in Glasbury parish. Brecknockshire, 5 miles SW of Hay. For further information, see Glasbury, Breconshire at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464301. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2014, at 21:00.
- This page has been accessed 137 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More