Pleiestiftelsen for Spedalske, see Hospitalet and Årstad, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Pleiestiftelsen for Spedalske, Bergen City, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
Microfilm at the Family History Library includes church records for Årstad clerical district in Bergen. Årstad was called Skt. Jørgens hospital (church) before 1886, and belonged to Fana clerical district before 1749. Microfilmed records cover 1744-1931.
Årstad parish became its own clerical district in 1886 and included the parishes:
- Skt. Jørgens hospital with:
- D. D. Krohns og Frues Stiftelse
- de Søfarendes fattighus
- Stranges fattighus
- Pleiestiftelsen no. 1 for leprosy patients
- Lungegårdshospitalet and their employees
There is a separate record kept for the Leprosy hospital (Pleiestiftelsen no. 1 for spedalske) in Bergen for the years 1859-1886.
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2015, at 16:11.
- This page has been accessed 660 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News