Poole Keynes, Wiltshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Poole Keynes, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poole Keynes, Wiltshire|
|Poor Law Union||Cirencester PLU|
|Parish registers: 1632|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605|
|Diocese||Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
POOLE-KEYNES (St. Michael), a parish in the district of Cirencester and hundred of Malmesbury and Kingswood in the county of Wiltshire. It is adjacent to the Swindon and Gloucester railway and to the river Thames, 1½ mile S S E of Kemble-Junction railway station. It is 5 (S .S .W) of Cirencester. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Poole Keynes, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Poole Keynes, Wiltshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 586-593. Date accessed: 09 October 2013.
- ↑ From: 'Pollack - Pooley', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 586-593. British HistoryDate accessed: 09 October 2013.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 24 May 2015, at 10:59.
- This page has been accessed 1,518 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More