Portugal, Aveiro, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Additional Catholic Church records for Aveiro are also found in the collections:
• Portugal, Diocese of Lamego, Catholic Church Records, 1529-1916 > Aveiro,
• Portugal, Guarda, Catholic Church Records, 1459-1911 > Aveiro,
• Portugal, Guarda, Catholic Church Records, 1459-1911 > Varios, and
• Portugal, Viseu, Catholic Church Records, 1523-1989 > Aveiro
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
Question #1: I get a message “This image is viewable to signed-in members of supporting organizations” for these records even when I am signed in. How can I view these records?
Answer #1: FamilySearch has limited rights, granted by the record custodians, to publish some images for viewing online. Images for this collection are only available for viewing to members of the supporting organization (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).
If you have an LDS account and are not able to view images after signing in, it may be due to a registration problem, not an image access problem. Please call 1-866-406-1830 in the United States, or contact Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Averio > Averio > Averio > Espírito Santo > Matrimônios 1645-1859 includes Bautismos 1765-1785 (images 1-473) followed by the marriage records.
- Aveiro > Vale de Cambra > Cepelos > São João Batista > Matrimônios, Óbitos 1603-1747 actually contains Film 1333563 Items 3-4: Baptismos 1621-1651, 1654-1736 Casamentos 1654-1747 Óbitos 1603-1634, 1654-1706.
- Aveiro > Arouca > Santa Eulália > Santa Eulália > Batismos, Matrimônios, Óbitos 1580-1797 year span should be 1580-1818.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Portugal, Aveiro, Catholic Church Records, 1550-1911 > Averio > Averio > Averio > Espírito Santo > Matrimônios 1645-1859 > Image 7 of 1046.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Portugal, Aveiro, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Portugal, Aveiro, Catholic Church Records, 1550-1911 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 06:38.
- This page has been accessed 1,082 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More