Portugal, Diocese of Guarda Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Additional Catholic Church records for Guarda are also found in the collections:
- Portugal, Diocese of Lamego, Catholic Church Records, 1529-1916 > Guarda, and
- Portugal, Viseu, Catholic Church Records, 1534-1911 > Guarda.
This collection also contains records for the Distritos of Aveiro, Coimbra, Leiria, Lisboa, Viseu, and Vários. Specific to Varios, the Catalog Notes state: “Indexes to registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths, and justifications for several parishes in the Archdeaconry of Vouga, Portugal, which comprised Roman Catholic parishes in various locations throughout the administrative districts of Aveiro, Coimbra, and Viseu.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: I get a message “This image is viewable to signed-in members of supporting organizations” for these records even when I am signed in. How can I view these records?
Answer #1: FamilySearch has limited rights, granted by the record custodians, to publish some images for viewing online. Images for this collection are only available for viewing to members of the supporting organization (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).
If you have an LDS account and are not able to view images after signing in, it may be due to a registration problem, not an image access problem. Please call 1-866-406-1830 in the United States, or contact Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief description of the problem and steps taken thus far to resolve the issue.
Question #2: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #2: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location.
- Browse path Guarda > Guarda > Guarda > Sé > Batismos 1786-1857 only contains 950 images (ending in year 1838). Film 1446391 contains 1204 images (ending in year 1857). Until the remaining images are placed online, you can order the microfilm.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Portugal, Guarda, Catholic Church Records, 1459-1911 > Guarda > Trancoso > Palhais > Santo António > Ótitos 1734-1911 > Image 4 of 292.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Portugal, Diocese of Guarda Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Portugal, Guarda, Catholic Church Records, 1459-1911 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 7 February 2015, at 03:32.
- This page has been accessed 715 times.