Portugal Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: Some indexed records have been attributed to the wrong place or with incorrect dates. How can I determine the correct marriage information?
Answer #1: The event place and date can be checked by viewing the Catalog section containing the film notes. Search the Catalog using the film number included in the record detail page. A list of known problems below provides correct indexing information.
- Indexed records with event place of Funchal, Brazil, Porto, Brazil, or Viseu, Brazil are from Portugal, not Brazil.
- Indexed records associated with Batch M88015-3 have non-standard event place names for the Diocese of Funchal, Portugal, which is also Madeira Island.
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If searching the collection: please include the name of the collection, and all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the Portugal Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Portugal, Marriages, 1670-1910 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 16 August 2015, at 02:42.
- This page has been accessed 529 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News