Prince Georges Parish, Prince Georges, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Prince George's Parish has served Prince George's County. Christ Church, also known as Rock Creek Chapel, served parishioners as a chapel of ease (it became a separate parish, Rock Creek Parish, in 1830).
Provincial Census of August 31, 1776, Prince George's County: St. John's and Prince George's Parishes (89 pages of facsimile reproductions) is available online, see pages 1-89 and index in:
- Brumbaugh, Gaius Marcus. Maryland Records: Colonial, Revolutionary, County and Church from Original Sources. Vol. 1. Baltimore, Md.: Williams & Wilkins Company, 1915. Digital version at Google Books.
- Protestant Episcopal (Church of England), St. John's Church, King George's Parish (aka Piscataway Parish, St. John's Parish), includes: parish registers 1689-1878 and vestry minutes 1693-1823
- Christ Episcopal Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Christ Episcopal Church, Vestrymen Arrested, The Historical Marker Database
- This page was last modified on 5 February 2015, at 20:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,679 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More