Prineville Oregon Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Center contains a large collection of books and has over 2500 micro films on hand as well as a large collection of microfiche. The Center has 5 computers that access the internet and all the Church programs. We have several knowledgable consultants on duty during Center hours to assist you in finding your ancestors. Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- The Center is located at SE 2nd and Idlewood. Access door is located on the south west corner of the Church building.
- Phone: 541-447-1488
Open Hours:Tu 10-7, We 1-7, Thu 10-2
Holiday Schedule: Closed the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas. It remains closed through Christmas until the first Tu after January 1st the following year. Summer closure is July and August.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:15.
- This page has been accessed 442 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More