Pulham Market, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Pulham Market, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Depwade PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538; For more records see Pulham St Mary the Virgin|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish HistoryPULHAM (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Depwade, hundred of Earsham, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (N. W.) from Harleston. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Pulham St. Mary the Virgin. There are places of worship forPrimitive Methodists and Wesleyans. 
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Pulham Market, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Pulham Market, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438852.
Poor Law Union
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Pulham Market on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 618-621. Date accessed: 06 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 25 March 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2014, at 00:21.
- This page has been accessed 524 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback