Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Montréal > Church of England in Canada Grace Church > Baptisms, marriages, burials 1871-1875 is missing the 1871 records. The 1871 records can be found at the browse point Montréal > Church of England in Canada Garrison Church > Baptisms, marriages, burials 1867-1869 > Image 208-227 of 227.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Montréal > Church of England in Canada Christ Church Cathedral > Baptisms, marriages, burials 1871-1818 year span should be 1766-1812
- Sorel > Church of England in Canada Christ Church > Baptisms, marriages, burials with index 1826 are correctly labeled, as are the browse points Baptisms, marriages, burials with index 1827 and Baptisms, marriages, burials with index 1828, contrary to the header pages indicating that the records are for 1827, 1828, and 1829 respectively.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967 > Sorel > Church of England in Canada Christ Church > Baptisms, marriages, burials with index 1827 > image 1 of 23
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 08:15.
- This page has been accessed 438 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More