Quebec For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
More detailed information about research and records of Quebec is in:
- Boudreau, Dennis M. Beginning Franco-American Genealogy. Pawtucket, R.I.: American-French Genealogical Society, 1986. (Family History Library book 973 D27bo; computer number 479066.) Prepared for speakers of English who know little French, this brief book includes sample genealogical documents from Québec and tells how to read them. Includes a list of useful addresses and English translations of French Canadian occupations (job titles).
- Faribault-Beauregard, Marthe, and Ève Beauregard-Malak. La Généalogie: Retrouver ses ancêtres. (Genealogy: To Find One's Ancestors.) [Montréal, Qué.]: Les Éditions de l'Homme, 1987. (Family History Library book 971.4 D27b; computer number 471855.) Text in French. This is a reliable, readable discussion of Catholic sources for French Canadians in Québec and other areas. Appendixes list addresses of societies and repositories in North America and in France.
- France, France Emigration and Immigration, and France Names, Personal contains information that applies to research in Québec.
- Jetté, René. Traité de généalogie (Treatise on Genealogy). Montréal, Qué.: Les Presses de l'Université de Montréal, 1991. (Family History Library book 971.4 D27j; computer number 687322.) Text in French. This 716-page work is the most complete scholarly book on French Canadian research. It rewards careful study. For an overview by Jetté in English, see:
- “Researching Ancestors in French Québec.” Lifelines: Official Journal of the Northern New York American-Canadian Genealogical Society 12, no. 1 (1995): 25–31. (Family History Library book 974.7 D25L v. 12; computer number 314396.) Chapters on Québec research are included in some handbooks listed in Canada.
- This page was last modified on 10 December 2015, at 07:09.
- This page has been accessed 2,129 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News