Queen City Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Queen City Texas Family History Center is actually located in Atlanta, Texas, about 6 miles west of the point where Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas meet and serves a large geographic area. The center has a collection of more than 900 microfilms and several hundred microfiche on extended loan. Records from Alabama and Georgia are highlighted, as many of the early residents of this area came from those states. A small collection of local and family histories and cemetery surveys is also available.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1806 South Boggie Street Atlanta Texas 75551 United States
- This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, this Family History Center is unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- The center is located in the building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Boggie Street is Farm Road 1841 and the building is about 2 blocks south of Texas Highway 77.
- The entrance to the Family History Center is on the south side of the building.
- There is a bell to alert the staff to greet you.
- Tuesday:10 am-5 pm
- Saturday:10 am-1 pm
- Call in case of inclement weather
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director in advance at (1903-796-5376.)
- Closed Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend
- Closed July 4th:
- Closed the first Saturday in April and October:
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving:
- Closed the last two weeks of December:
- Other sporadic closings through the year:
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment 3 computers with Internet access. Multifunction copier/printer with Scan to FamilySearch function Laser printer 2 Microfilm readers 2 microfiche readers There is a small charge for printing and copying. A number of useful forms are also available.
Resources in the Local Area
Atlanta Public Library, 101 West Hiram Street, Atlanta, Texas 75551
The Family History Center of this library has a large collection of scarce documents and books which are of special interest to members of the Cass County Genealogical Society. Members of the Society are usually available to assist patrons. The Genealogy section of the library website has additional information about these materials.
- This page was last modified on 2 September 2014, at 19:31.
- This page has been accessed 893 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News