Redmarley D'Abitot, Worcestershire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Redmarley D'Abitot, Worcestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Redmarley D'Abitot, Worcestershire|
|Poor Law Union||Newent PLU|
|Parish registers: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1613|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Worcestershire Record Office|
REDMARLEY-D'ABITOT (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union of Newent, and in a detached portion of the Lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Upton and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5½ miles (S. E. by S.) from Ledbury. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Redmarley D'Abitot, Worcestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|Redmarley D'Abitot, Worcestershire Genealogy Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464211.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Worcestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 15 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
Worcester Branch of the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 20 May 2015, at 13:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,020 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More