Riddlesworth, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Guiltcross PLU|
|Parish records: 1686|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
RIDDLESWORTH (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Guilt-Cross, W. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (S. W. by S.) from East Harling. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Gasthorpe united. 
Riddlesworth St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The church was part of Riddlesworth Hall now Riddlesworth Hall School, famous for being the school attended in the 1970's by Diana Spencer before her father inherited his title and she became Princess of Wales.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Guiltcross to 1902
- Thetford 1902-1938
- Wayland 1939-1974
Riddlesworth, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Riddlesworth, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438861.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Riddlesworth on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 665-668. Date accessed: 07 May 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 18:35.
- This page has been accessed 633 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback