Rincon Indian Superintendency (California)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Superintendency
Mission Indian: search by Band
The Rincon Superintendency was established in 1909 when it was separated from the Pala Superintendency. It was returned to the Pala Superintendency in 1911.
The majority of records of individuals were those created by the agencies. Some records may be available to tribal members through the tribal headquarters.They were (and are) the local office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and were charged with maintaining records of the activities of those under their responsibility. Among these records are:
- Allotment records
- Annuity rolls
- Census records
- Health records
- School census and records
- Vital records
Some correspondence and a few fiscal records of the Rincon Superintendency, 1901-1911, are in the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Laguna Niguel, California.
- ↑ *Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the West about Native Americans. Rincon Superintendency. Available online.
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the West about Native Americans. Available online.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 31 March 2015, at 14:08.
- This page has been accessed 375 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News