Rothwell, Northamptonshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Rothwell, Northamptonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Kettering|
|Parish registers: 1614|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1707|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton|
|Location of Archive|
|Northamptonshire Record Office|
ROTHWELL (Holy Trinity), a parish, and formerly a market-town, in the union of Kettering, hundred of Rothwell, N. division of the county of Northampton, 4 miles (N. W. by W.) from Kettering. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Rothwell, Northamptonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ROTHWELL PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438880.
Genealogy From Periodicals
Harris, Liz. Ann Coe - a Timeline. History and time line of Joseph Coe married Anne Sturgess at Leicester. St. Martin, in Feb 1831,and their descendants, with following surnames, Yeomans, Hulbert, Reculest, Smith Beeby, Page, Panter and Barratt. The family moved around Leicestershire, to Oadby, Northamptonshire, Desborough, Rothwell, and Long Yard. Article dates from 1805-1963, and is found in Footprints, Northamptonshire Family History Society Magazine, vol. 35,no.1. August 2012 pages 19-22, Family History Library Ref. 942.55 D25fo v.35.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northamptonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848)3. Adapted. Date accessed: 27 November 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Northamptonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 29 November 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 26 May 2015, at 19:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,477 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News