Runcorn, St Edward the Confessor, (Roman Catholic)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
There have been three churches dedicated to St Edward in Runcorn the first built in 1846 in Windmill Street and this church was abandoned in 1888, for sole use as a school as the single church room school expanded to meet the growing Irish Catholic population.
In 1888 the church at Irwell Lane came into use, the second St Edward's affectionately known as the "tin shack" due to the construction in corrugated iron sheeting. The "temporary" church served for 68 years.
In 1956 the church in Ivy Street became the third St Edward's.
Cheshire Record Office DocumentReference ERC 18 Runcorn St Edward's Roman Catholic Church
Description registers of baptisms 1842-1932, marriages 1854-1954, burials 1860-1943, 1960-1981, confirmations 1863-1978
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2016, at 03:15.
- This page has been accessed 674 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News